9.07.2008

Waterfall

This weekend I visited Huangguoshu waterfall, the largest waterfall in Asia and the 3rd largest in the world (don't ask me how they know, I have yet to get a clear answer on how it is measured). This attraction is only about an hour by bus from my city. To give you an idea about the importance of this attraction, the question, "Have you seen the waterfall," is used in approximately 90% of conversations I have. When I was at home this summer I talked to a few people in Chinese. They asked me where I lived in China, but when I said "Anshun," they looked puzzled. "Huangguoshu waterfall," I would say. That's all it took.

Funny Chinglish signs were everywhere. The sign on the bottom right inspired me to climb, considering there was no danger involved.

After leaving the waterfall we went to another place with a series of connected ponds in a heavily forested and rocky area. Birth markers were imprinted in the stones. I learned that Aron's birthday is the same as Mao Zedong's. Right on!













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful