7.03.2007

Password/difficulties

The internet has been a conundrum and I'm finding it difficult to do exactly what I'd like. For a couple of reasons, adding a password is going to be impossible at this time. I am not even sure if I will always be able to use this blog site to post. If that is the case, just email me and I'll let you know which site I'm going to use (this is a low probability, I think, but I'd like to be prepared-if I don't update for more than 2 weeks, definitely email me). I can post things to the blog but I can't even see my own blog without using a proxy server in England (it is blocked here).

Yesterday after playing MORE soccer (I'm sore in places I didn't even know I had) we ventured to the trust-mart across the street. This trip made me realize how much I really didn't need to bring clothes to China. A nice, short-sleeved, button-up, business casual shirt was 29 Kuai. There are about 7.6 Kuai to the dollar. Nice.

We also found an odd-colored peanut butter and decided to buy it because it was 7 kuai less than than the Jif (about 1 dollar less). It was peanut butter but without any sugar whatsoever.

We decided to start a language group outside of our typical 4 hours each day, and we are studying with the Pimsleur recordings. Everyone is excited about it and we've limited ourselves to 30 minutes each day to avoid burnout. China has been very interesting and filled with mystery. I'm looking forward to many fulfilling days ahead.

Cheers!

No comments: